Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Finding the perfect plethora of vegetables


Mmmmmmmmm!
Okay, so this may or may not be me procrastinating--but I feel the need to write anyways--which ironically I should be doing for something else.
And YES, I said I would write a blog about the Gold Medal Winning Olympic hockey but,....well, since I JUST was able to get the pictures off my camera, that TOO will be coming (this weekend I suppose).
SO:
I have decided I love cooking. I mean, I've always told friends, family, etc. that I love cooking, but today I really felt it. lol. Weird? yuuup! Though I love cooking, I'm no Julia Child.

So, what was I able to give birth to? Well I'll tell you. Oh and note: I swear I made enough for an ARMY! Well here's to some saaaa-weet eating for the next couple of days.
First up:
Basmati rice
-may I just say, that I dislike (not hate) the fact that you have to a) rinse it and then b) soak it for 30mintues before cooking --but I guess like they say, "all good things take time"

Next:
Vegetables
What veggies? I hear you ask.
The concoction includes, but is not limited to:
-zucchini
-celery
-broccoli
-red pepper----I had one of those mutants that had another pepper inside, it was cool! 
-green onion
*I stupidly forgot a little bit of fresh garlic argh!
* put zucchini in a pan with a little bit of olive oil (they take the longest to soften), add the rest of the vegetables, add a cup of water, cover with a lid for a few minutes, remove lid to let water evaporate (pretty much a stir-fry)

and nowwww, (in area announcer-like booming voice)
THE MEAT! {meat meat meat woooo! lol shout-out to Dei-X }
Chicken --chopped into bite-size pieces and cooked stovetop

In one corner we have:
Jamaican jerk style
-after cooked to a safe temperature, put in bowl to mix
-add Jamaican jerk spice (so very tasty, the burning your mouth tasty!)
-add a little more "BAM!" (yes Bam! like Emeril Lagasse), by throwing in some Louisiana style HOT SAUCE
- a dallop of bbq sauce
-mix'er all up
-throw in the over on a meat rack over a cookie sheet, as to not lose any chicken OR have it burn to the pan
= delicious!

In the OTHER corner!
Butter chicken
-Yup, just add some butter-chicken sauce into the pan of chicken!
=also delicious

Man! Trying to decide what chicken I was going to have tonight was painful. lol. My roommate said, "why don't you just have both?" That's just ridiculous! Well not a ridiculous question, but the thought of mixing was! They are both AMAZING flavours!

DING DING DING! Let the round begin!
*throw desired amount of rice in a bowl, add the chicken most desired, and top with the veggies.
-yes you could use a plate, but I prefer a bowl -->it's less messier that way ; )
And as Goldilocks once said, "Ahhh, this porridge is just right," as she sat down and ate it all up.





FYI: I decided on the butter-chicken!

FYI #2: I am for hire!  haha ---but seriously, I also do childcare, Spring cleaning, and garden work
 

No comments:

Post a Comment